New York Sidewalks No 1, 2019, Ed. 25, 12in x 12in (30 x 30 cm), C-Type print on Fuji Matt archival paper
New York Sidewalks, 2019
New York Sidewalks, 2019 is part of an ongoing photographic series taken in New York capturing the random pattern of the sidewalk with the punctuation of walkers passing by. These images are studies toward a new performance work, Blocking | Passing, currently in development, along with intersection | interaction, NY, Footfall, London, and Island in Cuba.
Smith has collected and recorded street and public episodes since the ’90s with ongoing series of works like Recycle, Pallets, Shortcuts, and Toilets. For Smith, the camera is part of his sketchbook, along with drawings, notes, and texts, recording incidents, happenings, and encounters.
Free shipping anywhere in the world.
- Limited edition print from the New York Sidewalks series, 2019
- Edition of 25 (2 x A/P)
- C-Type print on Fuji Matt archival paper
- Paper size 30cm x 30cm, image size 18cm x 18cm
- Supplied with Certificate of Authenticity to provide limited edition provenance
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- Printed in the UK by The Print Space (a carbon neutral business)
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed