Wild Primroses, edition created in 2022, Ed 50, 12 x 18 in (20.3 x 30.5 cm) archival pigment print on 310gsm Hahnemühle German Etching paper
Elizabeth Magill is known for her landscape paintings that reflect a sense of the psychological sublime in the presence of nature.
Her process begins by pouring layers of diluted paint onto horizontally laid canvas. From a vast archive of her photographs, she then selects multiple images, printing these initially onto sheets of acetate in order to create a variety of layered pictorial compositions. Many possibilities are generated from this method, combinations are formed and by a duel painting and printing approach, they become incorporated into the pre-painted canvas.
This particular series of photographs are from her extensive archive spanning many decades and numerous locations, mostly taken on return visits from London to the North of Ireland, where she grew up.
Originally shot on an analog camera using 35mm coloured slide film, the images were scanned to create digital images but have been produced to present and maintain the layers of dust and scratch marks that reflect the material passage of time and allude to the layering and weathered quality found in her paintings.
Free shipping to anywhere in the world
- Limited edition print
- Edition of 50 with (4 x APs) edition/series created in 2022
- Price inclusive of VAT
- 12 x 18 in (20.3 x 30.5 cm)
- Archival pigment print on 310gsm Hahnemühle German Etching®
- Museum-grade Fine Art paper
- Supplied with Certificate of Authenticity to provide limited edition provenance
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace (a carbon neutral business)
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed