Black Radish, 2021, 8 x 10 in (20.3 x 25.4 cm) archival pigment print on 308gsm Hahnemühle Photo Rag
From the series Abecedarium
"Repurposing images of the past and inventing new shapes and future forms is the basis for this current suite of prints. Originally painted on heavy poster board but conceived as the basis for archival pigment inkjet prints, the images were digitally flattened while maintaining the integrity of the hand-painted line. The prints are meant to be read in sequence or individually as an abecedarium, the symbols are personal, and reference art historical precedents, numerology, literature, the tantra and vernacular of the everyday.
Black Radish takes its title from a small publishing imprint of the same name and is meant to read visually as a zero with the central ovoid form also becoming a meditative focal point relative to Tantric drawing and painting. "
- Matt Magee
Free shipping to anywhere in the world
- Limited edition print from the Abecedarium Series
- Edition of 50 (3 x A/P)
- 8 x 10 in (20.3 x 25.4 cm)
- Archival pigment print on 308gsm Hahnemühle Photo Rag®
- Museum-grade textured Fine Art paper
- Supplied with Certificate of Authenticity to provide limited edition provenance
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- Printed in the UK or Germany by The Print Space (a carbon neutral business)
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed