Beak Street, 2019 Ed.25, 11 x 14in (35.6 x 27.9cm) C-type print on Fuji Matt archival paper
Beak Street, 2019 from the series Elemental Works
“I have an ongoing series called Elemental Works which are visually paired images. They started life elsewhere, second hand, borrowed from magazines and books. The found images are my medium and once removed from their original context they become forms and colours to work with. Each image becomes an element that has the potential to be paired with another element. I feel the shapes of the diptych rather than think them.
The works available here are all my own photographs. The paired images are made by scrolling through my camera roll and trying to find similarities between unrelated photos. The relationships are usually formal, for instance, a road marking and a kerb at the same angle or a cluster of marks or leaves making a similar shape.
For both of these series, the photographic pairings create new as yet unspoken narratives, each with its own internal logic and visual poetry.”
- Nicky Hirst
Free shipping to anywhere in the world
- Limited edition print from the series Elemental Works
- Edition of 25
- 11 x 14 in (35.6 x 27.9 cm)
- C-type print on 231gsm Fuji Matt archival paper
- Supplied with Certificate of Authenticity to provide limited edition provenance
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- Printed in the UK by The Print Space (a carbon neutral business)
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed